Thursday, May 27, 2010

If I ruled the world, Pt. 1

Question: When exactly did the whole "men offer their bus seats to ladies" thing stop?

Yesterday morning and then again this afternoon, my bus was packed. So I stood up the whole time. Which is fine. But there are boys sitting down right next to me and I'm thinking... shouldn't they at least OFFER their seat to me? Or the older woman standing next to me? I may not even accept the offer... but... sigh.

They have car-free Fridays here in the 'burgh. Could they have Chivalry Thursday or Gentleman Thursday or SOMETHING to promote being super nice and courteous and mannerly to women? Then they could have Non-Slut Wednesday where all the ladies can be gentle, non-whorish or something, just to even out men not being allowed to be piggish.

If only I ruled the world...

1 comment:

  1. I'd offer you a seat! I'm not sure when I was last on a bus...Buckhannon doesn't have busses..haha

    ReplyDelete

Followers