Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tonight feels pretty great...

I know. I promised a Starbucks blog. But I'd rather write it in Starbucks. While consuming Starbucks.

Right now I'm on my air mattress that's been out of commission for a while due to a massive hole. I finally found a repair kit today and it feels sooooo good to not be sleeping on a 3" thick K-Mart futon mattress on the floor. Not to mention, it'll take those freakin millipedes some hefty climbing if they want to try to make it across my pillow again. Though I don't dare doubt their skills.

I also decided it was about time to hook up the dehumidifier. I won't go into detail about the discovery leading to that action... but it has lead to warmer air, which lets me feel more summery. I hate having to wear winter PJs in the summer. Boo.

And I bought a case of water. Which somehow makes me feel so much better! With the second job and difficulty sleeping, I've been upping the caffeine intake, making me so much more dehydrated. Now, I gots some wata! And not vitamin water because I'm pretty sure doesn't hydrate you at all.

Why else do I feel so awesome right now? OO I bet it's cuz I read the Bible last night.

"...We have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being stregthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints of the kingdom of light."

I've been really missing the wisdom and knowledge of God lately. I remember in High School I took that Spiritual Gifts test and those were my two strongest gifts! I definitely do not feel so wise anymore. But I bet I got those two results because I just always -think- I'm right and knowledgeable. Haha oh well.


I'm also reading "Have a Little Faith" by Mitch Albom (is that right? I could look it up.. but nah..). I always read it on the bus and I always end up crying so I always end up feeling like a ridiculous sight. But it's pretty darn good. It basically follows these two men and their amazing faith and it's so inspiring.

I think I also feel pretty good right now because I've decided to take some time for myself this week. Lately, I feel as if I'm afraid to be alone for more than an hour. I've been running around, trying to find things to do and people to see. I've done a few important things last night and tonight since I had the time, so I'm glad I've decided to chill. My room is still disgusting. And I still have some dishes in the sink. My car isn't cleaned yet, and I haven't found a place to live come August... but all is well :)

There is a chapter in "Have A Little Faith" about happiness. Mitch asks what happiness is or how to find it, and his Rabbi tells him "Be satisfied." Can I just say I'm hardly ever satisfied? I always think I could have done a better job at something, or that I should be eagerly seeking out a higher paying job. This is why I want to live in another country sometimes. I hate the pressure to be so successful and so in need of money to do anything worth while. I want to be able to sit back and just accept that this is where I am right now, and that it won't be where I'll be for years and years. It's temporary. Got it Emmy?? Temporary! Stop freaking out about sucking so bad. You have time to move forward... take the opportunities that come your way and Thank God that there are new days to live.

It's a good night :) And I get to sleep in some tomorrow!! And I get to have a potentially fun evening. And I'm not sleeping on the flooooooor!!! <3>

Hmmmm... I had a little paragraph about the upcoming starbucks entry and how I need to be hip and add lots of cool elements to it and how i could write all night ... but it disappeared.

Oh well.
Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers