Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My inflatable mattress is starting to fail me a lot more often. Rubber cement, though, however temporary, has been a pretty solid fix. One morning I'll wake up not on the floor... other mornings, not so lucky. Rubber cement + band aid = even better temporary fix.

Tonight has been a bit emotional. First I saw a wee little baby basement centipede crawling on my bathroom wall. I couldn't kill him. Oddly enough, I found him cute. But then I screamed at the top of my lungs because a daddy centipede crawled out of my work bag and onto my bed, and then a second time because a penny rolled out of my work bag and i THOUGHT it was a daddy. Ughhhh. Leave me aloooone bugs! :p

Then, I put up a quote by Stephen Colbert about the oil spill. Which someone on Tumblr re-posted. So I went to their site and there were photos of the animals covered in oil. And I cried a bit. I hate how I've kept kind of ignorant about the whole thing because I hate being informed of all the crap going down in this world... but then I see it and I feel so guilty for not caring about it sooner. Not that I would do anything to help, because other than donate money to something they say will take years to stop anyway, I don't think there's anything I could do, but to not even give a thought about it, other than "gosh shut up about the spill already..." Blah. Those people down there trying to clean up the animals... they must be so strong in spirit. Goooo Team Clean-up!

THEN having a kind of emotional conversation with a friend of mine... this is probably all because it's so late and I should go to bed! Oh well. More blogging to do!

Last night I heard two pretty awesome songs on the radio. The first was some remix of an Imogen Heap song "Hide and Seek." It was prettttty sweet! I guess a lot of people hate it and think it sucks. Now, I'm not a hippity hop hardcore fan, but I liked driving to this and i like that it doesn't have the typical "i wanna do you on the dance floor" lyrics. Merry Christmas!




Ok so then at some point of the drive I was thinking about how I can't let God take the reins in my life. I blame it partly on being a mild control freak. But I also think I just want to be able to call my own shots, and also it's hard to believe that God actually has A PLAN for me. I have wandered into this mindset that as long as I love God, I can do whatever I want and he'll be happy with me. I feel like that's too convenient to be true... So I was thinking about that. And then I changed the station and this AMAZING song from church was on the radio. Lemme find it.. uno momento por favor.



Lyrics (even tho they are obnoxiously placed in the video):

Water You turned into wine
Open the eyes of the blind
There’s no one like You
None like You
Into the darkness You shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There’s no one like You
None like You

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God…

And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?

I love love love this song. It really helps give hope and perspective about just how magnificent God is... sigh. Love it.

I should probably go to sleep. I have to show people my apartment tomorrow so they can start moving in before I even know where I'm moving :p PS - looking up apartments on craigslist right now is VERY overwhelming. Anyone need a roommate?!?

1 comment:

  1. This would be very temporary, but I'm moving out of my place this month and my two roommates will have this extra room until they move out at the end of summer. We live in Highland Park. You probably wouldn't want to live in a place for two months and then move again, but I know my one roommate will be looking for a roommate after that. So maybe y'all could find a place together then? Lemme know if you're interested (we're FB friends, right?).

    ReplyDelete

Followers